Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some Hollywood Scuttlebutt for You to Digest

Recently I published a blog on my 2012 movies picks and today, strangely enough one of them hit with news.

From the looks of it, “World War Z” is going to be a trilogy. Do to the large amount of complaints the producers received that the movie was going to be nothing at all like the book other than in name and that there were zombies. I guess we’ll just see how it goes. But I think the “World War Z” would of made a better cable TV series. HBO and Showtime come to mind as the show would have to be of an R rating to be any good. Then the writers could take each individual story and make it an episode as it’s being related to Brooks who would be working for the UN’s Postwar Commission of the zombie event.

What ever the case I’m still on board for it.

In other news from the land of tinsel and glamour, the reboot of the “Evil Dead” series has started to make casting decisions. According to internet scuttlebutt, Lily Collins (“The Blind Side”, “Priest“) has been cast in the lead role as it now appears that the Ash character is now going to be female. With Collins’ character, Mia, closely resembles that of the one originally portrayed by Bruce Campbell.

I was never a big fan of this reboot (then I’m never a fan of any really) but when I heard that it was also being co-wrote by Diablo Cody (“Juno”) was really unsure about it. Not that I have anything against Cody, per say, but after the atrociousness that was “Jennifer's Body” I’m on the fence about her. I think that’ll be a wait for cable movie, unless someone either pays my way and more preferably gets me a bootleg. I don’t think I’ll feel to bad about that with the “Evil Dead” reboot.

And for the “Star Wars” geeks like myself it appears that the long talked about and longer awaited live action “Star Wars” television show has finally seems to have some legs.

Everyone’s favorite fat man, George Lucas‘ right hand man, Rick McCallum, himself announced that yes they are still looking to do one, now called “Star Wars: Underworld”, but as of when is still up in the air as they are trying to get the show’s cost down to around 5 million an episode.

That’s all I got so that’s all you’re gonna get. Until next time…

No comments: