Saturday, March 31, 2012

And the Winner is?... NOT ME!



You could sit back, watch, as the lemmings ran to the edge, or how I should really put it: you could sit back, watch, as the hordes of people far and wide lined up to throw down their hard earned (and not so hard earned) cash on the counter, some of which accompanied by strips of paper with their lucky numbers picked, to slid through the machine or they could take the easy, lazy route -why pick numbers when they have a machine to do it for you- and get those quick picks. And I hate to admit but I was one of those people. However, unlike many, I did NOT play more than 5 dollars worth, and did a mixture of my own numbers picked from the dark recesses of my brain and quick picks. I laugh as well as cringe when I see people toss down large sums of money, like gambling addicts at the roulette wheel, thinking that the more money you play the better chance you have to win, even tough they would probably have better odds at said wheel. A decent chunk of the fools addicted to this form of “legal”, “family friendly” gambling probably shouldn’t, but hey why stop them. A portion of this cash we all throw down goes to the schools… lol… right… and if you believe that I have a couple of things to sell ya. One of which is a bridge.



So as well go back to our normal fucked up lives the morning after the largest ever drawing in any Lottery ever, we find that all us except for the three that one are still in the same boat sailing along the same sea of shit. Am I undone, ungrateful, unhinged that I didn’t win? No. How can I be? The odds we’re NEVER in my favor, and the same can be said to all of you as well: how can you be? We all had a better chance at being struck by lighting on a sunny day.



So as you rip up your losing tickets in angry frustration never fear, just around the corner is another drawing. While it won’t be as large at first but who knows. Maybe the numbers will fall in that haphazard way and nobody will win for a number of weeks and the pot will grow and grow and grow, and every week you can hit the place you buy your fix and hope for the best, that, that haphazard way the balls fall will fall in your favor. Just don’t stand outside on cloudy days… lol… you might just instead hit a different kind of lottery.



In case you didn’t see, the winning numbers in Friday night’s (03-30-2012) drawing were 02-04-23-38-46, and the Mega Ball 23.

No comments: