Thursday, May 24, 2012

You Know You Want to Know: Season 6 Update for Jersey Shore


If Mtv’s “Jersey Shore” hasn’t yet jumped the shark then I think (and pray) this is the season for it.

Season 6 of the (somehow) famed show finds that soon-to-be the worlds worst mother, Snookie (just kidding, maybe she won’t be. But I have a feeling that we have already had and seen a little taste of what is to come with that other famed idiot mother: THE TAN MOM, Patricia Krentcil) won’t be living with her roommates in the house that stupidity built. TMZ reports that Snookie, while she’ll be on the show, feels that she’ll be to far along in her [Snookie] pregnancy to live in the atmosphere that has made the show popular and will have her own little pad near the Shore House.

In related news from the Shore, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino fresh out of rehab for substance abuse will still be part of the cast.

Sorrentino recently disclosed in an interview with MTV News' Sway Calloway, that he was back on the mend and it has been hard [dealing with sobriety], but he just has to take it one day at a time. Sorrentino has regretted what happened between him and fellow idiot, Snookie, saying that he regretted hurting Snooki's feelings in the past and that if he could turn back time he would definitely do things differently.

On how he feels about the rest of his housemates, Sorrentino states that he doesn’t hold any grudges. “Looking back, I see how I went from being the hero in the first two seasons to a "villain" in seasons three, four and five. At that time I didn't mind," he said about his slide to the dark side. "I figured somebody's gotta be the villain. [But] I'm definitely not that person today for sure. I don't have any animosity towards anybody."

When asked if he plans on going out to the usual Shore hang outs, Sorrentino stated: “Hell Yeah!” and when asked if that was a wise idea and didn’t he think that it might damage his progress with sobriety he told Sway, “Nah. I’m a changed man. I wake every day these days with a smile, happy to be alive. Happy to have the family that I have. Happy to have the fans that I have, the friends. Happy to be involved in the show ... almost like a smell-the-roses moment. I'm happy where I'm at, man. I love what I do ... I know where I am and I know where I'm gonna be and that's all that counts."

Sounds like a royal love fest is going to be happening this season. I one can’t wait to miss. That and the old adage: Add a baby in the mix when there wasn’t one before and it is pretty much series death.

The only bright side I see is possibility of getting to watch Sorrentino fall off the wagon on to his face, although I have a feeling that Mtv producers won’t let that happen. At least not this season. If the ratings tank then you know that they’ll be waving drinks under his nose.

No comments: